[Wolves] Ubuntu....

Baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 14:14:15 BST 2005

On 20 Sep 2005, at 11:14, Kevanf1 wrote:

> On 19/09/05, baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> If you get a chance try the 5.10 version, it's loads better.
>>
>> Baza
>>

> Oh I will...I just wonder how long it will take to ship the CD's....
> I could download it but I can wait.  On this very subject.  According
> to Mark Shuttleworth version 6 is going to be absolutely stupendous.
> He has actually pitted it up against Microsoft Vista (the next version
> of Windows barring a name change) which is unusual.  We quite often
> hear people like us as end users pushing Linux against MS software but
> for somebody like Shuttleworth to do so is big stuff....scary too.
> --

Yeah I've seen that too. I don't know if any linux distro can really
compete with Vista (Longhorn) unless they both have the same or
similar ability to interface with, 'PC World' hardware.

I just hope that when Ubuntu 6.04 comes out you don't need a mega
uber computer to run it on, like you do with Vista.

Baza
http://walkertopia.com