[Wolves] wifi

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 14:36:41 BST 2005

> Yes, IPCop does support WLANs (on the Blue interface) see
> <http://www.ipcop.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=IPCop140BlueVpnHowto>
>

> - --
> Ron Wellsted
Is Ipcop similar to smoothwall then, in that it runs on a separate box
acting as a router and a firewall?

Also this was just theoretical as I had the sudden understanding of
what and how a router workedish and what dhcp did etc.

But I saw the cost benefit more for people running a smoothwall box/
ipcop box.  A good wireless router is about £80 if you need a pcmcia
card too then more.  You can however pick a pci wireless card for
15-20 quid same for a pcmcia card, so for half the cost of the router
you have a full wireless system.

Finally is anyone doing this?
--
Seek That Thy Might Know