[Wolves] Linux Virtual machines

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 21:14:21 BST 2005

Adam Sweet wrote:

> That was great, just the sort of thing I was looking
>
>for. Looks like I'll be better off with Xen,
>performance is what I'm looking for as I might be
>trialling Linux virtual servers for work soon.
>
>I'm installing one now...
>
>Thanks guys.
>
>Ad

Sparkes made recommendations a while back in relation to virtualisation
and hardware emulation of Intel and PPC architectures. My understanding
is that Zen isn't quite cooked yet.

There are good reports about Ubuntu under Microsoft Virtual PC, even
though Linux isn't supposed to work until the next version. There is
just a one-line change to make in a config file. In my
Microsoft-friendly workplace it a price I'm willing to pay for getting
Linux in front of people. "Linux with all the reliability of a Windows
kernel"