[Wolves] script for web form

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Sat Sep 24 02:06:19 BST 2005

On Thursday 22 Sep 2005 23:18, roundyz wrote:
> where would i put this script?
> its so a form can call it and mail me of the info in the form fields.
>
> its php, a guy offered it to me on irc, but he had to leave before he could
> explain how to use it.

It should work from any location served by Apache, provided that the PHP
interpreter is enabled.

For example, a location that would work under the default configuration under
Fedora (i.e. with no virtual hosting, etc, set up) would be
/var/www/html/<filename>.php.

If you start Apache, then go to http://localhost/<filename>.php then it should
run the script. Some basic gotchas:

 - The file will need read permissions for user (or group) apache.
 - If you get the source code displayed then this means that PHP is not
   installed or enabled.

Don't panic!!!

James