[Wolves] Jeff Waugh

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 15:43:28 BST 2005

--- Jono Bacon <jonobacon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As some of you may know, Jeff Waugh is doing his
> BadgerBadgerBadger
> tour and we have asked if he would like to come up
> to Wolves to do a
> talk. He is only available to come up on Sat 15th
> Oct 2005.
>
> Now, we need to determine how many people can make
> it that night and
> if there is a venue we can use to host a talk. I
> suspect Spice Avenue
> and The Standard will both be fully booked on
> Saturday evenings, so we
> need to collaboratively get our thinking caps on.
>
> So, are any of you going to come to a LUG meeting on
> that night (which
> is a Saturday), and any suggestions where we can
> hold it that has the
> usual requirements of food, drinks etc?

I will most certainly be there :)

The Standard probably won't be that busy mid evening
on a Saturday night, but it's a dump and I guess as a
far travelled visitor, we should take Jeff somewhere a
bit better. Spice Avenue will be rammed, I went to go
there a few weeks back without booking on a Saturday
night and there wasn't a spare seat, we ended up in
the Panahar which is decent and does good food (was v
quiet too), but not very private.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk