[Wolves] Sounds interesting...

Simon B simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 16:00:48 BST 2005

Hi,

I admit that I only had a quick glance, though isn't this very Mac'ish.
On my old OsX box it had the exact same principle, infect as did trusty
old RiscOS (which I still use occasionally). Its by no means a new idea,
but I think it would be good to implement this into the world of Linux.

Apt is arguably the best method of package management at present, but
this 'if' adopted by a majority of people would be just as beneficial,
management would be done by dragging or saving to a specific folder.

The only problem I see is as a lot of ideas like this is whether it
would be adopted by the developers, some of the apps I use are still
source only, and im a fan of compiling my own stuff, and I know im not
the only one in the world but that’s irrelevant really.

It would be a good idea if its implemented properly by most is the
easiest way to summarise my opinion.

Cheers,

SimonB