[Wolves] Re: hosting ron's talk

Mark Ellse me at chaseacademy.com
Tue Sep 27 17:32:42 BST 2005

I enjoyed Ron's talk after downloading it. Thanks to Ron, the filmer and
the hoster.

Peter Oliver wrote:
  > Some of Aq's objections came across as a bit unreasonable.  The reason
> you don't have to worry about, for example, how calls are routed with
> your existing telephone is that you pay someone else to worry about it
> for you. The company you work for has a telecoms department that sort
> this kind of stuff out.

This is entirely true. We have a little ISDN telephone exchange. It was
about £1500 five years ago. Programming via its bespoke software is not
easy. And since Asterix can do what this outfit can do, and more, it is
not surprising that there are complexities.

At Chase Academy, I'm thinking about VOIP. But one of the major
advantages, the cost, has just been reduced because with call18866,
which uses VOIP once it leaves our premises, we get rates nearly as low
as VOIP from our normal ISDN telephone lines.

Mark