[Wolves] TV card

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:57:58 BST 2005

On 29/09/05, Alan Pope <alan.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/09/05, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 28/09/05, Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Any suggestions for a TV card that works with Linux?
> > >
> > > Mo
> > >
> > Don't bother with a digital one.  I've got a Pinnacle digital card
> > that does not even run properly under Win XP with the XP custom
>
> That doesn't mean it wont work in Linux! DVB-T is pretty well
> supported in the kernel now.
>
> > drivers.  Digital cards are notoriously rubbish anyway... or so I've
>
> Uhm. Some are really very good. The Nova-T isn't bad. I have a friend
> with the Twinhan USB DVB-T 'card' [1] which he raves about. It's
> teensy and therefore very portable too.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.
>
> [1] http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/product.php?productid=1253&cat=133&page=1

I was thinking more along the lines of actual picture quality.  I
should have made myself clearer really :-) (no pun intended).  We live
in a very good reception area and the picture quality on my set ttop
digital box is very good.  The one from the digital tv card is quite
poor in comparison and that's using the 'bloody' expensive super duper
digital aerial.  PC monitors just are not meant to show a tv picture
and don't I know it...

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street