[Wolves] TV card

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 09:47:08 BST 2005

On 30/09/05, Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> --- Alan Pope <alan.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > That doesn't mean it wont work in Linux! DVB-T is
> > pretty well
> > supported in the kernel now.
> >
> > > drivers.  Digital cards are notoriously rubbish
> > anyway... or so I've
> >
> > Uhm. Some are really very good. The Nova-T isn't
> > bad. I have a friend
> > with the Twinhan USB DVB-T 'card' [1] which he raves
> > about. It's
> > teensy and therefore very portable too.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Al.
> >

> I will do some more searching. Although I am not
> particulalry interested in watching tele on the pc,its
> important for me to know if it can do it as I tend to
> promote Linux alot. When people ask me what Linux can
> do I can show them.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mo

Of course, what I have failed to mention is how good tv tuner cards
are if they are hooked up to a tv..... now this I don't know and would
like to know myself.  At some time I might have a stab at building a
media centre for the living room with a DVD recorder included.  Has
anybody done this?
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street