[Wolves] TV card

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 12:38:04 BST 2005

On 30/09/05, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/09/05, Alan Pope <alan.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, the remote controlling isn't really anything to do with the TV
> > card per-se. You generally use something like lirc [1] to accept input
> > from an infra red remote control. What you do with that information
> > (start recording, change channel) is up to you.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Al.
> >
> > [1] http://www.lirc.org/
> >

> Ah, I'm thinking in terms of the Pinnacle card and Windows :-((((  On
> this one there is a plug in sensor with all the electronics onboard.
> I'm not sure whether lirc would be able to utilise it or not.  I may
> well try it someday though :-)  it's rubbish in Windows that's for
> sure but what do I expect with an inferior OS :-)

google --> lirc pinnacle -->
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-8.html --> "You're going to
need to know what sort of receiver you have and where it's connected.
In the case of the Pinnacle Studio TV card, with the IR receiver
connected to COM1 (/dev/ttys0), once the configuration menu comes up,
perform the configuration by going to Driver Configuration->Other
Serial Port Devices->Pinnacle Systems Receiver->OK and on the next
page select COM1->OK."

Cheers,
Al.