[Wolves] 8MB Broad Band

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Tue Apr 4 20:55:23 BST 2006

Baza wrote:

> On 4 Apr 2006, at 19:41, Peter Oliver wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Baza wrote:
>>
>>> Problem with these super-dooper speed offers is they tend to only
>>> work if you live close to the exchange. I live at the end of a long
>>> piece of wet string,
>>
>> Does a man from BT come around with a watering can when it starts to
>> dry out?
>>
>> --Peter Oliver
>>

> Hmmm... I hadn't thought of trying that, maybe it would speed up my
> connection! I'll get on to them in the morning. Thanks for the tip ;)
>
> Baza
Just some advise:
- Make sure they use deoxygenated holy-water, poured away from the
exchange. I hear that's best for signal purity.
- Do you have all your strings braided and tied with silk coated
double-knots?
- If there's any fraying, you'll loose at least 1-2 dB (deciBytes)/metre
to signal delays & crosstalk between the strands.
- You must place the transducer on a solid foundation, preferably
concrete poured to a depth of 3 metres. Carpet will just make the signal
too woolly, parquet will leave it sounding wooden.
- Finally consider the transducer, it must not be dented. Make sure it's
been opened with a freshly sharpened tin opener, ring pulls stress the
side and distort the signal. Don't skimp on a no-name knock-off, there's
only one manufacturer worth spending time on: Heinz.

Alex