[Wolves] Re: Sharing a printer without a computer

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Apr 5 14:39:02 BST 2006

> > Cor, dunno. How would I find that out? It's a Sharp AL-1452, for reference.
> >

> Google?
>
> I just googled the model and the word "emulation" and found a german
> site that indicates it's PCL-6 compatible. That would make it able to
> pretend to be some kind of modern HP LaserJet.
>
> Check out the front panel controls? Web interface in the printer? to
> see if there's some way to turn "on" emulation.

Ah, the process is called emulation, is it? Cool. There's nothing on
the front panel that does it, the manual doesn't seem to reference it,
and there's no web interface because it's a parallel printer, not a
network printer. The German site appears to sell toner for the printer
(and lots of other printers) and I'm not sure it actually states that
the printer will emulate PCL, but I'll have a look when I get home.

--
sil

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it
<slick> I hate when I kick a dog and then the owner see's me and I
have to kill him