[Wolves] MS tightens the screw

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 21:14:40 BST 2006

Hi All

Interesting article about how Microsoft does not want anyone to sell a
PC without an operating system (specifically a Microsoft OS).

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39261437,00.htm

---<Quote>---
"We want to urge all system builders - indeed, all Partners - not to supply
naked PCs. It is a risk to your customers and a risk to your business - with
specifically 5 percent fewer opportunities to market software and services,"
wrote Alexander.
---<End Quote>---

How on earth would it be a 'risk to your customers'?? That can be read two
ways;
1. The seller:
Won't have any customers after MS has destroyed your outlet.

2. The customer:
We will somehow block your Internet access or failing that come round and beat
you up.

I am of the opinion we should all wait and see but then again we did that with
Czechoslovakia and Poland and look what happened?

--
Regards
Peter Cannon