[Wolves] Soooooooo off-topic

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 10:30:29 BST 2006

On 07/04/06, Peter Evans <zen8486 at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> What's holding me back from my purchase is a) some of the 'issues' that seem
> to be apparent with the new hardware and b) some of the chip revisions that
> are in the pipeline for the near future - merom later in the year and VT on
> the Duo in the few months.  There's also the 17" model that may be released.
> To that end are there any Mac sites that people recommend I subscribe
> too/regularly visit in this respect?

Hmmm, this is the age old dilemna though isn't it?  Do you wait until
the lovely new hardware is available ?  But wait, it gets to that
point and then you see all this lovely new hardware that is going to
be included in the next release...... it goes on forever.

I used to work with a guy at W'ton Uni (some of you may remember Mike
Barber who worked in the IT suite in the W'ton Learning Centre?) Great
guy, but.... he was forever saying that he would buy a PC.. when they
had a) come down in price, b) stopped crashing so much, c) had this
wonderful effect... he kept saying this for the 5 years I worked
with/knew him.  At some point you have to dive in and accept that the
next release of either hardware or software is going to be so much
nicer than what you have just bought.  Oh, and cry because what you
have just spent all of your hard earned dosh on is effectively
outdated (which doesn't really matter with Linux of course).
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay