[Wolves] I'm going to go with Jono/Adam idea but need help please.

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 12:01:24 BST 2006

David Morley wrote:

>I have decided to take the plunge and set up a mail/web server but I
>want a really host name thinking of davmor.org how do I go about
>registering this name what companies are recommended?(needs to be very
>cheap)
>
>Then how do I link the Host name to my home server?
>
>--
>Seek That Thy Might Know

I use UK2.net for registration, and they also do hosting.
A quick look shows your domain is free and can be registerd for for
about £15 for two years.

Uk2 has a webpage for users where you enter the ip addresses for your
homeserver.
However, if your ip changes regularly, you are probably better using a
service like no-ip.info, changing the nameserver ip addy at uk2
to point to no-ip.info, then letting no-ip route it to you.
Oh, no-ip does domain registration for about £10 pa, so it maybe easier
just to keep it all in their hands.