[Wolves] Talks with Nvidia prove useful.

David Morley davmor2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:03:40 BST 2006

I've been running Ubuntu Dapper for a while now and have been really
happy with it apart from the fact that after installing the Nvidia-glx
modules my machine wouldn't log out, shutdown or change to console
using ALT-(F1-6) so I posted a bug report to Unbuntu then Tseliot on
the Ubuntu forums post on how to install the newest drivers.  I did
this but still the same bug.  But I saw on the official Nvidia site
that they had a bug report facility so I Bugged them aswell.  They got
back to me quite quickly and gave me a list of things to try, which I
did to no avail.  I posted back and they told me about the new version
that has just been release still no joy.  Got back to them and the guy
there physically recreated my machine and got the exact same problem I
pointed out that the problem wasn't there with the older drivers in
breezy so he installed breezy and was bemused that it wasn't.  He then
solved the imediate problem and then posted the fault as a bug to
their developers.  Now that I believe is one reason why I will now
always use Nvidia cards.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know