[Wolves] Free Broad Band anyone?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:01:44 BST 2006

On 11/04/06, Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 02:54:11PM +0100, Peter Cannon wrote:
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4893194.stm
>
> "Free" if you take other services and enter into an 18 month
> contract whose termination clause is that you pay the remainder in
> full.
>
> --

But, if you intend staying on broadband then why not agree to that
contract as long as it is favourable?  It would have to be worked on a
per person contract (by that person) as to whether the whole package
is a good enough deal.  If it is, then I say go for it.  I'm currently
with Plus Net on a 5 year agreed contract.  I get broadband at £14.99
a month with sensible usage (which is more than I use anyway), I
didn't have to pay the BT activation and got a fiarly decent
modem/router for free into the bargain.  It works for me but perhaps
not for others.  If I leave PN before the 5 years is up then I have to
pay the remaining percentage of line activation cost and modem/router
(price brought down for every 12 months I remain).  I envisage still
being with Plus Net after the 5 years is up so this contract works for
me.
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay