[Wolves] OT:Bill Gates the modern day Robin Hood?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 22:52:13 BST 2006

On another mailing list that I have subscribed to for years there is
an ongoing argument.  Argument because I totally disagree with the
other short sighted idiots who think Bill Gates is the modern day
messiah/Robin Hood/other saintly figure.  Why?  Because Billy boy has
donated x billion dollars to a charity.  It's getting to the stage
where I may unsubscribe from that mailing list, I don't want to but
this is really getting to me.

So, any arguments I can use to show that BG and co. are not so saintly
would be greatly received.  I have tried the strings attached one and
the wonderful donations of MS software that then locks in many third
world users to Microsoft.  These other guys just don't see it.  Their
argument is that it's worth the strings to have billions poured into
this charity.  I'm sorry but I totally disagree.  To me it's like the
criminal drug barons funding a drug rehab clinic while still peddling
their wares and causing a vicious circle.

Or have I got it wrong?

Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay