[Wolves] Ubuntu Dapper disk drive problem

Mark Ellse me at chaseacademy.com
Fri Apr 14 17:52:09 BST 2006

I've never used the floppy drive with Ubuntu. But I've just set up two
Ubuntu machines for my own children. My son stored some documents on the
floppy of an old Red Hat linux. But when I had installed Ubuntu Dapper
beta 6, there was no floppy drive. Tried the same with a spare machine
at school and it can't mount the floppy drive. When I double click on
the floppy icon (Floppy 1) it says "Unable to mount the selected floppy
drive". More details gives 'could not determine the file system type and
none was specified". If I right click the floppy icon and select
Properties, it tells me that it has 3.6 G free space!

Any hints?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mark