[Wolves] Broken computer

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 12:25:40 BST 2006

On 16/04/06, Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:
> > Did you run Memtest?  Sorry I can't remember from the last time.
>
> I did.
>
> > Next
> > if it isn't memory (assuming known good memory has been tried of
> > course) it would need all of the other components (graphics card, hard
> > drive, sound card etc) swapping over onto a spare, and again known to
> > be good, mobo.  That's the best way of finding out what the problem
> > is.  It also means that you will only be spending what you need to
> > spend - if anything :-)
>
> I agree. The thing is that I have neither the time nor the parts to do that...
>
> > Oh, have you tried running a Live CD?  If so what's the outcome?
>
> Same thing: segfault city...
>
> --

Ok.  If Peter is willing I am sure we can sort it between us.  Peter.
let me know if you need anything and I'll see what I have.  I can
always pull some memory from my PC if it's compatible just to test it
out.  I've also got a spare board but whether it is comptible with
your memory we don't know yet.

As a loose guide, what CPU do you have in the PC?
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay