[Wolves] Encyclopaedia on linux

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Apr 19 12:50:59 BST 2006

On 4/19/06, Mark Ellse <me at chaseacademy.com> wrote:
> Agree with all the comments about internet and wikipedia being a way to
> go. But for various reaons I don't have internet connected to the
> children's machines and I wondered if anyone know of any of the standard
> encyclopedias that would work.
>
> Obviously not.

Someone has built an offline CD version of the wikipedia specifically
for schools at http://fixedreference.org/2006-Wikipedia-CD-Selection/,
if that's useful. As regards existing encyclopaedias, I'm afraid I
don't know...

--
sil

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it
<slick> I hate when I kick a dog and then the owner see's me and I
have to kill him