[Wolves] [JOB] MessageLabs

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 16:42:35 BST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 02:45:09PM +0100, Simon Morris wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 14:49 +0100, Barbie wrote:
>
> Just because I'm feeling argumentative today [0].... why is having a
> degree "essential" for this job? I didn't go to university [1], and
> neither did quite a few very competent engineers I know that could
> handle the job very well - I think sometimes organisations exclude
> candidates based on the requirement of a degree.

I missed that. There should be an OR in there relating to real world
experience. Basically if you like the idea of working with mail filters,
linux servers and think about computers away from your day job, and have
experience enough to prove you know what you know, then give it a shot.

Regardless of any job decsription, if you like the job, go for it. I
don't have a degree and have still applied to jobs claiming they want
degree students. I got two of the jobs. Consider them a filter for
confidence ;)

Barbie.
--
http://birmingham.pm.org