[Wolves] Ubuntu Derivatives

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 11:42:44 BST 2006

On 15/08/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 August 2006 11:17, Alan Pope wrote:
>
> > Yay choice! \o/
>
> Hey I'm not looking for argument I'm looking for a valid reason why there
> needs to be all these offshoots and why the same cannot be achieved from just
> one?
>
> The plethora you gave proves my point. All can be achieved from the one
> release what you have demonstarted is the breadth of package choice which is
> irrelevant in respect of 'why'.
>
> I'm trying to understand why there needs to be fifteen versions of the same
> some of which IMO are tenuous to say the least, that's not a red rag to a
> bull statement think about it "Christian Ubuntu" please, next I'll be seeing
> TV-Ubuntu! that's not a slur on Ubuntu or its users as I said I like Ubuntu I
> have it loaded on an IBM X20.
>
> --

Hmmm, Ubuntu with Myth added to it.... MUbuntu perhaps.  Yes, I'm
actually being serious, after all, it's been done with Knoppix which
is also a Debian derivative so why not?
Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(R) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom