[Wolves] Ubuntu Derivatives

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Tue Aug 15 12:40:07 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 12:29 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> > There is a lot of merit in this approach but it does mean you are
> > excluding people who want to use alternative environments.
> >

> Excluding them from what?. You can apt-get kubuntu-desktop,
> xubuntu-desktop
> or even fluxbox, blackbox or whatever you like.

I meet you at a LUG meeting and I know you are a hard-core KDE fan that
hasn't tried *buntu yet.

If I throw you a Ubuntu disk and say "give it a go" it isn't going to
work. You'd have to do the Ubuntu (Gnome) installation and then go and
get your kubuntu-desktop afterwards.

The default Ubuntu install CD excludes KDE users (unless I understand it
wrong - I haven't used Ubuntu in quite a while now)

Thanks

~sm