[Wolves] Subversion advice required

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 15:54:40 BST 2006

Hi

I'm having a friggin mare setting up Subversion 1.2.x
on FC4 using apache 2 with the web_dav module and
dav_svn modules for access.

Config as follows:

LoadModule dav_svn_module     modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module   modules/mod_authz_svn.so
<Location /svn>
   DAV svn
   SVNPath /srv/svn

   # Limit write permission to list of valid users.
      # Require SSL connection for password
protection.
      # SSLRequireSSL

      AuthType Basic
      AuthName "Authorization Realm"
      AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/svnpasswd
   <LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
      Require valid-user
   </LimitExcept>
</Location>

as per
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html

/etc/httpd/svnpasswd is a regular htpasswd file with
-m option for md5 encryption. /srv/svn is recursively
chowned to apache user.

The developers here are using Zend Studio and so that
is what I am using myself in this instance. I can
commit as myself using Zend and using the commandline
on the server itself but everybody else fails when
committing, but can checkout, update and revert etc.

We are using the url
http://server.domain.tld/svn/modulename for subversion
commands. I can commit using other people's usernames
from Zend and the command line, but other people still
can't commit using my username and pass from within
Zend. When I commit using other usernames, either from
the commandline on the subversion sevre or within
Zend, Apache still logs the authenticated user as me,
adam.

Apache is not logging a username against the failed
requests.

We have tried adding in all of the webdav commands
that were getting failed into the <LimitExcept>
section so it was as follows (insecure I know):

    <LimitExcept GET CHECKOUT PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT
PUT PROPPATCH MKACTIVITY MERGE DELETE>

and people's commits appeared to work, but some (maybe
all) changes were not there when other people then
updated.

This is doing my head in, is anyone able to lead me
through the mine field? I'd be very grateful.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.adamsweet.org