[Wolves] Mozilla issue

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 16:29:02 BST 2006

--- Jatinder Virdee <jatvirdee at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > called, I
> thing
> > > that
> > >
> > > gnome-system-monitor ?
> >
> > Yeah, I think thats the fella :)

> Hi, yes that was the one, I seem to have a cups
> process which was eating
> away at all my resources, why ?? I have no idea yet

There is also a log viewer somewhere (name again
eldues me while I'm at work) :) see if you can use it
to view the cups log file. If the cups log file is not
already in available in the left hand pane, use the
menu to open a new log file and it should be in the
directory in the file-open dialog or in the cups
sub-directory (again from memory).

Have a look to see if you can see anything weird, or
unusual sounding. You may also use another app I can't
remember the name of to stop and start services. Try
restarting the cups service. If you can't find this
app,

sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart

should do the job, though as I assume you reboot your
PC occasionally, this will not solve the problem for
long.

Have you printed anything that didn't print recently?
I admit I don't know a great deal about how cups
works, but perhaps you tried to print a large file (or
even not so large) and cups got in a tangle and is
still chewing on the gristle of your print job.
Probably wrong.

It might also be worth looking on the Ubuntu Forums
for help on this one as I'm no expert on cups.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.adamsweet.org