[Wolves] Can someone take a look at this Exim stuff and tell me what I'm doing wrong

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 14:14:05 GMT 2006

--- Wayne Morris <wayne at machx.co.uk> wrote:

> Wayne Morris wrote:
> > Hi Adams,
> >
> > I'm giving this a go, but where does the code
> snippet below go?
> > I don't have a directory 'greylistd' in /etc that
> you mention putting
> > 'config' in.
> >
> > Does this go in exim.conf then?
> >
> > Cheers

> I think its working!
>
> ;-)

Excellent. Word of advice, watch your logs to see if
any mail doesn't retry. Some real mail servers don't,
I encountered a few the other day, Blueyonder stands
out as one to look out for, add the following to your
greylisting whitelist in

/var/lib/greylistd/whitelist-hosts

195.188.213.4   #blueyonder
195.188.213.5   #blueyonder
195.188.213.6   #blueyonder
195.188.213.7   #blueyonder
195.188.213.8   #blueyonder
195.188.213.9   #blueyonder
195.188.213.10  #blueyonder
195.188.213.11  #blueyonder

For the benefit of thread readers:

I have a custom Exim setup based on Vexim, so for me
the greylisting ACL went in the Vexim file which deals
with receipt checks. I think in most standard Exim
installs there are a set of ACLs which are commented
out but are designed for calling spam blacklists and
ClamAV. This I think would be the equivalent place,
just after these and possibly after accept
authenticated users and hosts for which we are
relaying.

I do spam blacklists and ClamAV before greylisting, so
that anyone that fails the above doesn't get as far as
being listed in my greylist.

Another useful link:

http://veximwiki.silverwraith.com/index.php/Greylisting

Mostly written by me, with my config, with some useful
links by other people.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk