[Wolves] An interesting proposition

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 09:33:19 GMT 2006

On 05/12/06, Jono Bacon <jonobacon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I *don't* think we should join, but I also have the same
> view about us becoming an Ubuntu LoCo Team or another other
> distro-specific group - we are a general LUG. :)
>
>   Jono

I'm in agreement with Jono on this one.  Each LUG member - not only
this LUG but every one in the world - has their distro of choice.  By
having any form of affiliation with a specific and single distro (I
lump all the Ubuntu or the Novell variations together here for this
purpose) you run the risk of making members feel alienated.

Further to the above I'm sure there are members on here who feel
uneasy about the Novell/Microsoft partnership, this may well rankle
even more with those members.

Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(r) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom