[Wolves] openzoep

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Feb 8 08:23:19 GMT 2006

> I noticed that Mr. Aq was using GnomeMeeting but now uses Linphone and
> sipgate.co.uk, I assume because it is truly free. I don't know if he
> switched before GnomeMeeting moved to SIP and got renamed to Ekiga. I do
> know that Linphone looks like a Motif app circa 1995. I don't want to go
> back there.

I haven't used GnomeMeeting for a while, but you're right about the
reasons for my move to LinPhone. I'm curious as to why you think it
looks bad, though; from my perspective, a softphone needs three things
in its UI: a place to enter who you're calling, a "dial this person"
button, and an "answer this incoming call" button, and that's it.
LinPhone has that, and it fits fine into the Gnome desktop and looks
like all my other Gnome applications. (Don't trust screenshots of it.)
What else should it have that it doesn't?

Aq.

--

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it