[Wolves] samba help

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 00:44:27 GMT 2006

On 16/02/06, Baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> On 16 Feb 2006, at 12:33, Simon Morris wrote:
>

> it weird, the only way I can see my Ubuntu box from my iMac is with,
> smbclient //MACHINENAME/sharename -U username from the terminal.

What do you see when you run that command? Could you perhaps paste it
in an email?

I wonder... On your Mac when you hit Apple+K ( Or in Finder "Go",
"Connect to server" ) are you just typing in the servername and
hitting connect?

Unless you explicitly specify SMB ( use a URL like smb://ubuntu-box )
the Mac will default to connecting on TCP-548 (AFP over IP)

Thanks

~sm