[Wolves] Htaaccess q

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 16:33:46 GMT 2006

Hi,

Couple of questions:

I have a directory (actually an entire drive) protected by a htaccess
file which works fine, but there is one subdirectory in it which I want
to be open to all.
I've tried to put
<directory path/subdir>
order allow/deny
allow from all
</dir>
 in httpd.conf, and I think the syntax is right (in my file if not
above), but the directory still comes up as password protected, any idea
way round this?

Secondly, using Vi, i've managed to turn all appearence of AllowOveride
into white text on a yellow background, which is a bit yuck on the eyes!
Any idea how to get rid of the colourscheme!

Cheers

Wayne