[Wolves] Dapper WiFi

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Sun Feb 26 16:16:53 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 23:36 +0000, Baza wrote:
> I've got it up now, I'm not totally sure what I did that it liked,
> but it now seems to broadcast the correct WEP key to my router, so
> all's well :)

My experience of WEP in Breezy has been "it just works". I can configure
it through the GUI and then forget about it.

To get WPA working, a supporting driver and the wpasupplicant daemon are
needed. Configuration is manual: editing of /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf,
then at each boot, restart wpasupplicant and run dhclient. Once I'm
connected the Gnome network monitor applet can show activity and signal
strength.

Once running wpasupplicant seems entirely reliable, I've had no dropouts
or degradations that I can remember.

Alex