[Wolves] XFree86 3.3.6

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sun Jan 1 18:43:48 GMT 2006

On Sunday 01 January 2006 13:07, Kevanf1 wrote:

> Peter.  Daft question maybe but, are you absolutely dead set on
> running Deb on this troublesome machine?

Not really I'm more an RPM guy but I love a challenge, if there was an rpm
kernel fix then to be honest I'd have stuck with the Red Hat 6.2 or even
tried 7.2

The best part of today was searching the net and comming across my very first
post to the Wolves-LUG in 2003 and being welcomed by good old Adam Sweet, the
wheel turns full circle as it was the same thing I was trying then.

> Zenwalk

Don't know this one

> or Vector?

Tried this one about 2 yrs ago, it hated it, locked up straight away

> I've got disks for both - well, no, tell a lie I
> haven't burned the latest Zenwalk yet...later today I will though :-)

I have Vector as well, I could download Zenwalk but I'm like a blinkered horse
I don't want to get too distracted from my main distros of choice, thats when
it all starts to get messy.

To be honest I've been playing most of the day in text mode, apt couldn't find
pine which was a pity so I installed mutt (Text based email) and netrik (Text
based web browser) lots of fun :)

--
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
www.cannon-linux.co.uk

"If god had meant us to fly he'd have given us wings"