[Wolves] Memory

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 14:50:08 GMT 2006

Stuart Langridge wrote:

>Anyone got a reasonably big memory stick they'd like to loan me? I've
>got a machine here with one 512MB memory stick in it, and it's having
>all kinds of errors, and I think that the problem is the memory. I
>don't want to buy a new stick until I've established that that's the
>problem,

can you download memtest86 iso and run it (http://www.memtest86.com/)?
That will build a bootdisk that does a very thorough test of the ram. If
it passes that test, it's not going to be the memory. Thinking about it,
some distro's have memtest built in - you can just type memtest at the
image prompt, and it will run it.

Spline