[Wolves] Memory

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 09:47:09 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-08 at 18:50 +0000, Stuart Langridge wrote:
> > This is possibly a bit of a grandmother and eggs situation but have
> > you tried Memtest on it?
>
> Yes, yes, I know about memtest, everyone who's suggested it. And I've
> run it. And it showed no errors. However, Colin Watson thinks that the
> problem is *still* the memory, since I'm getting segfaults in
> everything in the installer. That's why I want to test it.

Try a visual check of the caps on the board - they're a favourite to be
blown if you're getting segfaults. If it passes memtest, it's very
unusual for it to be a memory fault. Put it this way: I get many, many
machines through here every day, and it's only happened once since I
started working here.

Spline