[Wolves] Memory

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 09:50:44 GMT 2006

--- Stuart angridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:

> Regarding what type of memory it is: no idea. How do
> I find out? At
> the LUG meeting, someone said that all memory was
> basically the same.

We're talking bus speed and SD RAM or DDR RAM. That
kind of stuff. You'll know if it's DDR as the memory
bus speed will be above 133, probably 200MHz, 233MHz,
266MHz, 300MHz, 333MHz, 400Mhz etc. I believe you can
600MHz and 800MHz RAM these days. You can find the
speed in the BIOS somewhere or your motherboard manual
will tell you which speeds your machine takes. As
you're only going to use one stick, as long as that
stick is in your motherboard's speeds range, it's all
gravy from there on in.

It's also possible, depending on the manufacturer that
you're using 'special' RAM, which is where you have to
have the right type of RAM for your machine, Dell do
or did this a lot, but if your machine is a home build
then you're way clear.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk