[Wolves] OT: Freeview and the WV postcode

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Mon Jan 9 19:47:22 GMT 2006

> One of our neighbours was bought a freeview box for xmas but has been told that
> they can't use it in the WV post code. I'm not sure if it's a bit more specific
> to the postcode here (WV10). They have asked in various "national chain
> consumer electronics stores" and been told the same thing: "you need a new
> aerial".
>
> Any idea if this is true or not?

If they've tried plugging it into the aerial socket and it doesn't
work properly then it's almost certainly true. New aerials are about a
hundred quid. I don't know what the nearest digital-capable
transmitter is to WV10; it might be worth, even if the aerial in the
roof doesn't work, trying a stand-alone "rabbit ears" portable aerial
before spending a hundred nicker on a new one.

Aq.