[Wolves] OT: Freeview and the WV postcode

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:20:49 GMT 2006

On 10/01/06, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am particularly interested in the outcome of this as
> our aerial is old, rusty, inside the loft and no doubt
> terrible quality (we don't use it, we're using a set
> top one until I get up there, align it and see if it
> actually works). I've held back on buying a new aerial
> until I know it's going to be worth it as I may also
> have to pay someone to climb up the chimney to fit it.

That's why ours cost so much.  We live in a house that was built in
1902 (or 1901 not sure) with very high ceilings and, consequently, a
bloody high roof line.  I'm ok up to point up a ladder but not that
high.

I seem to remember seeing high gain aerials in B&Q by the Maxview
company.  Good products and they were surprisingly cheap at around
£40.  So, if you can get up to the roof yourself you could save a
packet.
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay