[Wolves] OT: Freeview and the WV postcode

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 12:01:41 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 10:06, Kevanf1 wrote:

> I seem to remember seeing high gain aerials in B&Q by the Maxview
> company.  Good products and they were surprisingly cheap at around
> £40.  So, if you can get up to the roof yourself you could save a
> packet.

Seems to work OK in WS3
I did pay £120.00 for an aerial and a three way splitter, we run 3 TV's and a
PC off it.

I do have trouble some times with FTN (CH 20) I live in a bit of a dip,
apparently its the flats opposite the Robert Peel pub in Bloxwich causing the
problem.

I've asked the council to knock them down but they don't seem to be taking the
request seriously?

Supposedly everyone will get a better reception when they boost the power
output, which IMO is a cover up for "We need to get some more transmitters
erected", and we know how much everyone loves transmitters. :)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Jabber:highwayman.turpin at gmail.com