[Wolves] OT: Freeview and the WV postcode

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:34:43 GMT 2006

On 10/01/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 January 2006 10:06, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > I seem to remember seeing high gain aerials in B&Q by the Maxview
> > company.  Good products and they were surprisingly cheap at around
> > £40.  So, if you can get up to the roof yourself you could save a
> > packet.
>
> Seems to work OK in WS3
> I did pay £120.00 for an aerial and a three way splitter, we run 3 TV's and a
> PC off it.

Roughly what I paid...

> I do have trouble some times with FTN (CH 20) I live in a bit of a dip,
> apparently its the flats opposite the Robert Peel pub in Bloxwich causing the
> problem.
>
> I've asked the council to knock them down but they don't seem to be taking the
> request seriously?

There's never anything decent on FTN anyway so you're not missing
anything :-)  Sky Three is good (used to be Sky Travel).   Plenty of
sci-fi and '24' - which I never could get into before but I have now.
> Supposedly everyone will get a better reception when they boost the power
> output, which IMO is a cover up for "We need to get some more transmitters
> erected", and we know how much everyone loves transmitters. :)

They should be boosting the power from main transmitters... we might
get BBC 4 then, which is the only channel we have problems with.
However, apparently, boosting the signal strength is a bit dicy
because it can interfere with other broadcasts.  I don't which 'other
broadcasts'.
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay