[Wolves] ubuntu 5.10 installation error

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:58:09 GMT 2006

On 11/01/06, alex yan <yongnet at gmail.com> wrote:

> after 'base installation', using partitioner to seperate HD, etc, I reboot
> my laptop. And then a 'Ubuntu' GUI starting up screen comes out with lots of
> lines for the loading modules and filesystems etc. Everything are shown 'OK'
> status, until the screen jump to a text windows said "preparing
> installation" at 5%, the installation process stop at here with some errors
> messages(I am sure they are, though what I saw are little blocks.)

I had this. Turns out the Breezy CDs I was sent by Canonical are duff.

You can see what it's doing by switching to the other consoles with
ALT+F2, F3, F4.

Mine was barfing when trying to install a couple of packages which
were corrupt.

The way I worked around it was (during the installer) to edit the
/etc/apt/sources.list to remove the reference to the cdrom, and run
apt-setup to tell it to get packages from online mirrors.

Cheers,
Al.