[Wolves] ubuntu 5.10 installation error

alex yan yongnet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:19:29 GMT 2006

finally, a SUSE 10 OSS version linux has been installed into the old laptop.
But the speed of the GNOME GUI system is too slow.

The installation procedure:
1. download SUSE 10 OSS installer from SOURCEFOURGE.NET
2. download 5 cds iso files from mirror site.
3. extract 5 iso files into one directory of the windows' partition
4. run suse10oss installer under WinXP
5, after rebooting your machine, enter 'install linux' option under the GRUB
(installed automatically by the INSTALLER software)
6. follow the instructions to install linux...
7. choose the media source from 'Harddisk', and type the correct directory
name in the windows's partition, ............etc...()
8. Mission completed!

**One thing need to be consdered is the process of modifying partition.
erase the entry of the WindowXP which is detected automatically by the
installer, otherwise, it will not allow you to install correctly.
***Another thing, during the installation process, once the CD1 finished,
the install source path need to be manually modified to CD2, cd3, cd4, cd5.
Of course, if the 5 cds, has been put together in one directory, this will
be no problem.

lol....Just want to share information, plz do not say these information are
rubbish...:-)

yan