[Wolves] Mail Icon Thingies...

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Sat Jan 21 08:31:11 GMT 2006

> > sort of icon in your 'from' information in my mail client.  From Dick
> > Turpin it's a rather nice rendition of a highwayman.  Possibly showing my
> > ignorance here - but how did you guys do that?
>
> There is an application (I have Winimage) that will convert a 48X48 bitmap to
> text, you'll need to do some insertion in the header but there are plenty of
> HOWTO's

It's called an X-Face. As Pete notes, KMail supports it directly. I'm
not sure about other mail clients, but there are plenty of X-Face
converter things in Google.

--
sil

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it
<slick> I hate when I kick a dog and then the owner see's me and I
have to kill him