[Wolves] Mail Icon Thingies...

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 11:10:55 GMT 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 08:24, Stuart Langridge wrote:

> It's called an X-Face. As Pete notes, KMail supports it directly. I'm
> not sure about other mail clients, but there are plenty of X-Face
> converter things in Google.

The option has been available in KMail for about two years now the HTML
hater's will dislike it as they prefer pure text.

Its become very popular on other mailing lists I belong to as if your name was
not badge enough you can include, in effect, your Avatar as well.

From the X-Face howto's I've read it can be done with any outgoing mail system
the clincher is the mail client used to read mail as this will determin if
its viewable by the recipient or not.

Sourceforge has the source files for creating your own X-Face if your mail
client does not support profile image like KMail does.

--
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
www.cannon-linux.co.uk

"If god had meant us to fly he'd have given us wings"