[Wolves] Your voice counts

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sun Jan 22 08:51:16 GMT 2006

On Saturday 21 January 2006 16:22, Ron Wellsted wrote:

> I just hope they do the job properly and don't take the same approach
> some people did 4/5 years ago (eg B**l**d) and ship a bodged copy of the
> windows application together with bodged customised version of wine and
> an install script.  The abominations that were shipped like this were so
> slow as to be almost unusable and were extremely prone to crashing.

A bit like Open Office then?

I'd rather have a botched version than nothing at all, FC5 is due out soon and
that will be botched, broken and slow in some areas, thats the way of all
computer software especially in the Linux community we accept it otherwise we
may as well all pack up and use MS.

Linux is just as prone to crashing as anything else code is code is code the
difference is good or bad code. I had three separate crashes last week two on
my Fedora and one on SuSE so I think the crashing argument needs to slink off
and hide in the cupboard where it should have stayed its not a valid
argument.

Anyway just like governments if you want a new one you need to vote if you
don't then its no good moaning at what you do or don't have, change is
brought about by action not by sitting down and;
"bitching in the chicken run".
(nicked from my Grandfather which is very apt when you think about it)

--
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
www.cannon-linux.co.uk

"If god had meant us to fly he'd have given us wings"