[Wolves] Yeah got on the open advantage Linux admin course.

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:17:12 GMT 2006

On 25/01/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 January 2006 10:27, Kev Adams wrote:
>
> > I went on 3 courses last year.  I think you're just limited to 1 fast track
> > course.  The ones with free  consultancy afterwards.  Unless the situation
> > has changed?
> >
> > Of course what you need to do Pete is convince your employer that the
> > course is necessary for your job and do it on their time!
>
> No chance, I'll have to book two days leave.
>
> I tried to get them to pay for me to go on the Red Hat course, I explained
> that in the long run it would cost them nothing as you can claim training
> back from business tax.
>
> All I got was "Why, are you planning on getting a sysadmin job"? with P45
> looming I beat a hasty retreat.
> (I know the list is archived)
>
> I did mail Jono as suggested @ around 9.30 this morning still waiting for a
> response :(
>
> Anyway, where you been? I thought you was in hiding or something? failing that
> was you spending a year dead for tax perposes? :P
>
> --

It states in employment law that employees are entitled to go on
training courses funded by the firm.  I don't know the up to date
legislation but it was pretty good when I was doing my union bit back
in the late 1990's.  It will have improved to greater extent by now.
Of course, employers will still make it difficult for people, which is
totally wrong.
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay