[Wolves] CrossOver Office & LugRadio

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 10:33:20 GMT 2006

Hi All

I was gob smacked last night while listening to LugRadio
[On iTunes running in CrossOver Office on my SuSE box]

After my posts regarding the voting for software apps to be ported to Linux I
coughed up £22.54 for CrossOver Office Standard Edition on Sunday morning and
installed ACT.

If anyone is interested in Windows apps running on a Linux machine have a look
at
http://cannon-linux.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=1

Or just have a look at the screen shot
http://www.cannon-linux.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=64&g2_serialNumber=1

I agree its not the perfect solution IMHO using CrossOver is akin to VMware as
you're running the app in a container rather than native to the system but
hey I'm a great believer in "More than one way to skin a cat".

I tried installing Age Of Empires but it wouldn't run :(

To be honest its that one and only game that keeps me tied to Windows at home.

PS
There was a discussion about playback quality on the LugRadio, my playback was
rubbish on the iTunes (see top paragraph) although I think it was to do with
resources everytime KMail checked for mail the playback faltered strangely
the playback is perfect with iTunes on a Windows box (I checked this
morning).

--
Regards
Peter Cannon