[Wolves] Ubuntu real CD - not CDR

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Jul 4 23:31:39 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 17:22 -0400, Matthew Revell wrote:
> Hey Kevan,
>
> On 04/07/06, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't have Ubuntu but I do have Kubuntu (6.06) official discs from
> > shipit.
>
> Erm, do you end up with real Ubuntu, if you change the repositories?

You don't need to change the repositories to "convert" ubuntu to kubuntu
or xubuntu (or vice versa).

For example I installed from a server CD to a small PC, then did.

apt-get install ubuntu-desktop xubuntu-desktop kubuntu-desktop

and got all three. :D

The only "problem" with having Kubuntu CD and installing the
ubuntu-desktop package will mean you'll be left with kubuntu (kde and
all kde libs and apps) as well as ubuntu (gnome and all gnome libs and
apps), but you can always purge kubuntu-desktop afterwards.

Cheers,
Al.