[Wolves] Google Calendar [ Not Linux specific ]

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Mon Jul 10 17:51:51 BST 2006

On 7/6/06, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Is anyone else using it?

Me. I use it a lot.

> I've started playing tonight. I've registered my family members with
> Google then shared our calendars read-only with each other. We've all
> got a colour-coded calendar that shows what the whole family are doing
> but we can only write entries to our own calendar. You can have multiple
> calendars and share any you want to, to named users or globally, and
> subscribe to them from any iCalendar client like Mozilla Sunbird or iCal
> (and there's one coming in Windows Vista.)

Yes indeed, although it's not a proper (i.e., two way) subscription yet, sadly.

I use it loads. The calendar for LugRadio Live 2006 is just another
one of my Google calendars, and then a script fetches it to build the
Schedule page on the site. The events page on my personal website is
built similarly.

> To cut a long story short, it's Apple iCal on the web. The only weakness
> seems to be PDA/phone synching but I guess the simple answer is to have
> a PDA that is always on The Net. The Nokia 770 is looking very
> attractive again.

Many, many, many people have mailed Google saying "where is
SyncML!!!", including me. It is apparently coming.

sil

--
The carrot is hiding in your coat pocket.  "Don't let me be
eaten!" it begs in a pathetic, orange voice.