[Wolves] Two Things

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Tue Jul 11 11:56:26 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 11:07 +0100, Peter Cannon wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Who was it that wanted a carry case?
>
> Whats NX no machine all about?

<snip>

> Is it a way of logging on to a web based Linux desktop from a Windows
> machine?

Kind of - as Joe said it is a graphical remote access solution that
rocks over low bandwidth links.

One of the chaps in GLLUG is a Google Summer of Code student working on
the KDE client. He presented our meeting last month and I posted his
slides on the website.

http://gllug.org.uk/uploads/Meetings/24thJune06/NX.pdf

It looks like very cool technology but the Free Software server version
is lacking some features that the commercial version has.

Thanks

~sm